Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 10: Push It Real Good

Today's workout:
Warm-Up:
* 5 min. stairclimber (levels 15, 17, 19, 20)

WOD:
* 50 pushups (did unbroken!)
* 50 squats
* 50 KB swings (35 lb.)
* 50 lunges
   - w/ 3 burpees EMOM
TIME: 4:56 :)

EXTRA/CONDITIONING:
* 2 x 25 of (w/ big exercise ball):
     - Ball Rolls
     - Leg Raises
*2 x 26 of:
     - One Leg Ups
     - Russian Twists
* 15 min. treadmill push
     - Sprints on min. 4-5, 9-10, 14-15

Well, I woke up this morning extremely bloated. I'm not exactly sure why, but if it has something to do with the jicama I ate, I'm going to be so disappointed. That was my replacement for chips to have with my homemade guacamole. If all else fails, I'll just try to eat it early enough into the evening that I don't wake up bloated the next day? Or I guess I could find an alternative to my alternative...

Today was my first (technically 3rd, I guess, but 1st w/ Trainer Eric there) day without my pre-workout supplement. I have decided to stop taking it, because upon inspection of the ingredients, I saw that artificial flavors were included. It's kind of silly for me to make such an effort to cut those out of the foods I consume on a daily basis yet still subject my body to them every morning before I workout. Instead of taking a pre-workout supplement, I just get up earlier (4:15ish?) so my body has time to wake up too. Even though I wasn't as peppy as I normally am in the mornings, I still busted my tail, and it was kind of nice to know that it was just "me" doing it (rather than me and some fake energy)... Sorry, purple crack. You were good while you lasted, but I'm better off without you.

I don't really have much else to blog about today. I should probably go shower so I can get to work early, but that never sounds like fun :) Before I go...
Today's Planned Meals:
*Breakfast: Protein shake (1 scoop protein, 1 banana ,1/3 c. berries, handful spinach), 1 c. sauteed squash and mushrooms w/ garlic
*Lunch: Salad "Feed Bag" (2 c. spinach, cherry tomatoes, jicama strips, cucumber, cilantro, 2.6 oz. tuna, 2 T. salsa), handful grapes
*Snack: grapes, turkey lunch meat
*Dinner: 3 oz. pork & chicken carnitas w/ bell pepper and onion, jicama slices, 1/4 c. guacamole
*Snack: 1 slice chocolate zucchini bread :)

Thanks for reading. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment