Thursday, May 16, 2013

Why aren't you married yet, Megan?

Gee, good question. For the past few years, I've been wondering the same thing myself. Seeing as I'm only 26, it's actually totally normal for people my age to NOT be married. But coming out of a 4 year on-again-off-again relationship with someone I thought I was going to marry leaves me feeling like maybe I did something wrong. Why am I still alone? As sad as I am that that relationship is over (and trust me, it has been a looooong process), I am beginning to feel like there really is someone else out there for me. It's amazing how love affects one's mind. For me, I can just think about that last love and start crying. What if he finds someone else and falls in love with her? What if he treats her like I always deserved to be treated? Why me? Why?! I'm starting to understand why... I think God allows us to go through different things for various reasons, but I feel I have learned (and am still learning) a great deal from that relationship. Even with all of the good, the bad, and the certainly ugly, I have grown as a person and a woman. As anxious as I am to find "the one", I am content knowing that I am continually striving to be the best version of me and will one day meet him.

So blessed. So very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment